For more than fifty years, Germany has lend a helping hand to the people of Sri Lanka.
Official development cooperation-projects laid the foundation in the 1950s. But as Germans
started to travel to Sri Lanka in growing numbers, hundreds of private projects contributed to
an impressive network of cooperation – and friendship.
Browse our map and discover hundreds of examples of German-Srilankan partnership.
Projects in Beruwala, Kalutara District, Western ProvinceReturn to Map
- 12 Apartments
- 22 Houses and Retirement Centre
- 3 Houses
- Addition to Primary School
- Al Juade Nursery School
- Canal for Water Supply
- Electricity Supply for a Hospital
- Maradana Library
- Maradana Women's Hospital
- Multi-family House
- Naleem Haijiar Ladies College
- Orphanage (Construction and maintenance)
- Playground St. Joseph
- Preschool "Children's Future"
- Reconstruction of 14 Schools
- Reconstruction of a Canal
- Reconstruction of a Dental Clinic
- Reconstruction of Maradana Library Beruwala
- Reconstruction of the Roman Catholic Junior School
- Renovation of Little Friends Pre-school and construction of a playground
- School Building
- Waste Water Sanitation
- Wood-Housing-Programme including 45 Houses, Water Tanks and Toilets